Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link and mime messages

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link and mime messages
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:43:05 -0500

Romain Francoise <address@hidden> writes:

>> I don't recall what this change was for?
>
> It fixes a bug reported by... Juri, I think.  I don't remember the
> details.

Ah OK. I found it:

  In the *scratch* buffer type part of a symbol and type M-TAB.  In
  the *Completions* buffer click <mouse-1> on a completion string.

  First bug: point remains in the same window where the *Completions*
  buffer was before clicking <mouse-1> (the *Completions* buffer gets
  buried and replaced with another buffer).  But the correct behavior
  is switching the window back to the original window with the
  *scratch* buffer.

  So now switch manually to the window with the *scratch* buffer
  (`C-x o'), and call `undo' (`C-x u').  Second bug: it incorrectly
  puts point at the beginning of the initial string instead of the
  position where M-TAB was typed before inserting a completion string.

Maybe there is some other way to fix this...