Re: address@hidden: C++-mode: Syntax highlighting: wrong color for funct

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: address@hidden: C++-mode: Syntax highlighting: wrong color for function identifier depending on the kind of whitespace that follows]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:03:23 +0100

* martin rudalics (2006-02-15) writes:

> But keep in
> mind that with jit-lock redisplay immediately triggers refontification
> of displayed text whose fontified text-property has been reset to nil.
> This refontification won't recognize any "starting tag" preceding
> window-start unless you explicitly tell it to go there, for example, by
> using a multiline property.

Ugh, that is not good.  The main reason I want to use the proposed
hook is to get rid of `font-lock-multiline'.  With
`font-lock-multiline' I am forced to set the match to the end of the
region to be fontified in a matcher function as long as no ending tag
was found.  Otherwise the multiline text property will not be picked
up in the next chunk to be fontified.  Unfortunately in LaTeX (and
especially docTeX) buffers can be so much junk not being used the
"normal" way that this practice often leads to color being spilled all
over the buffer.  The idea with the hook was to apply fontification
only as soon as an ending tag is found.

--
Ralf