Re: C-h K and C-h F in the Help menu

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: C-h K and C-h F in the Help menu
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 00:44:35 +0200

David wrote:

>> Not a good idea since the navigation in HTML is much worse than in
>> info-mode.
>>
> Maybe not for a novice?

We don't want to lead users into dead ends, even if it is easy to do.

I can understand if there is a problem linking to the HTML-version of
the documentation (relying on a link to an external resource could be
a problem), but I don't see why the HTML-version should be that
bad. Exactly why is the "navigation much worse" and what is the "dead
end" here? People are used to find their way around HTML-pages these
days and modern browsers have good search capabilities. I think that
we might scare new users by just providing the internal Info
system. Personally I use both, depending on my mood mostly... :)