Re: calc-dispatch problem

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: calc-dispatch problem
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:20:45 +0200

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:48:42 -0500
Jay Belanger <address@hidden> wrote:

#> Repeating the keys should start calc up normally.

It was also my impression -- but, as I have just noticed, neither doc
string nor manual say that explicitly (they only talk about specific
case of "*" key starting calc)... I think they should be changed to
specifically say that repeating key bound to calc-dispatch should work
even if it has been customised.

#> But `calc-dispatch' followed by "`" or "M-`" normally starts
#> calc-embedded-edit, and which behavior is used depends on whether or
#> not the `sit-for' is interrupted or not. If the `sit-for' is
#> interrupted, then a subsequent call of `this-command-keys' gets a
#> longer string than if `sit-for' isn't interrupted.

Thanks for the explanation.

#> I don't know what good the `sit-for' is doing; calc shouldn't behave
#> differently depending on how fast those keys are pressed.

I agree!

#> The behaviour without the `sit-for' seems the proper behaviour;
#> perhaps the `sit-for' should be removed.

Sounds good to me.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

Most common use of Brutal Sarcasm (tm) in Computer Science is:
  "It's a feature."