[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Bug Database?
Re: Bug Database?
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 00:17:28 +0100
On 17 Oct 2006, at 22:49, Nick Roberts wrote:
I'm quite sure if they all had to be fixed first
it would never get released. I use Emacs every day and I must say
encountered any of the bugs currently in FOR-RELEASE.
For about 18 months, I've been releasing a downstream project with
binary builds of patched and augmented GNU Emacs CVS checkouts
(http://aquamacs.org). We have around 3,500 different users in any
given week and more than 10,000 application starts a day. We're doing
monthly or bi-monthly releases. The users have proven to be a useful
test community. Over time, we have seen a lot of bug reports from
users, some of which concerning bugs due to the use of functions in
Emacs that wouldn't otherwise be used in a straight CVS build. I've
generated or checked and passed on about 150 bug reports as a result,
as my e-mail archive tells me. (Almost all of them were quickly fixed
It appears that the bug reports I am receiving (which actually
concern issues in the Emacs core) have been getting a lot more scarce
over the past couple of months, even though our user base has been
growing. That's a good sign.
That said, good quality is what people are expecting from a project
that doesn't release very often...
- Bug Database?, Nick Roberts, 2006/10/17
- Re: Bug Database?,
David Reitter <=
- Re: Bug Database?, Chong Yidong, 2006/10/18
- Re: Bug Database?, Nick Roberts, 2006/10/18
- Re: Bug Database?, Richard Stallman, 2006/10/18
- Re: Bug Database?, Juanma Barranquero, 2006/10/18
- Re: Bug Database?, Richard Stallman, 2006/10/19
- Re: Bug Database?, Juanma Barranquero, 2006/10/19
- Re: Bug Database?, Jason Rumney, 2006/10/19
- Re: Bug Database?, Richard Stallman, 2006/10/20