Re: Emacs and GFortran

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs and GFortran
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:49:09 +0900

Steve Kargl <address@hidden> writes:
>> > Frankly, I strongly prefer the current error formating.
>
> I agree with FX.

So, _every single detail_ of the current error message format is sacred?

What's being suggested is a fairly minor change -- the bulk of the error
messages would remain exactly the same.

[Surely you recognize the worth of such standardization?]

> Are you aware that gfortran can report errors that span multiple lines?

All we want is enough information to get close; the first line will do
in such cases.

-Miles
--
"Suppose He doesn't give a shit?  Suppose there is a God but He
just doesn't give a shit?"  [George Carlin]