Re: Emacs and GFortran

From: Steve Kargl
Subject: Re: Emacs and GFortran
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 07:10:22 -0800

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 09:26:36AM +0100, Angelo Graziosi wrote:

> The only difference between G77 anf GFortran seems the line (<==).
>
> Why is it so hard for GFortran add that line?

You again have chosen a simple case.

> Cheers,

# This archive contains:
#
#       l.inc
#       l.f90
#
echo x - l.inc
sed 's/^X//' >l.inc << 'END-of-l.inc'
X   integer i
END-of-l.inc
echo x - l.f90
sed 's/^X//' >l.f90 << 'END-of-l.f90'
Xprogram a
X   include 'l.inc'
X   call i(j)
Xend program a
END-of-l.f90
exit

laptop:kargl[219] gfc -c l.f90
 In file l.inc:1

     Included at l.f90:2

   integer i
           1
 In file l.f90:3

   call i(j)
           2
Error: 'i' at (1) has a type, which is not consistent with the CALL at (2)

Is "NO" some difficult concept for you to understand?
There are real, hard to fix bug, in bugzilla.  I think
the gfortran developers time is better spent on real
problems.

--
Steve