Re: raise-frame doesn't work in Fedora Core 4

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: raise-frame doesn't work in Fedora Core 4
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:47:09 -0500

    Yup.  Emacs central is just not the place where we want window manager
    bugs tested and reported.  It's better for our reputation and nerves
    if we just pass the buck.  It is a lesson I keep getting as a project
    manager.  You don't get points for insisting that another program
    should follow its specs when nobody else does.

However, it does make a difference to us whether this patch
would be wrong for other window managers.