Re: address@hidden: C-h k does not catch text properies keymaps]

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: address@hidden: C-h k does not catch text properies keymaps]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:11:42 -0500

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

>> Actually, it _is_ correct.  Do
>>
>> M-x debug-on-entry RET mouse-drag-region RET
>>
>> and you'll find that clicking at that spot indeed first runs
>> mouse-drag-region.
>

> Ok, thanks. I can see it is partly correct and useful. But the
> information about the other function, should not that be shown too?

What I see in the help buffer, following your test code, is the
following; both the down-mouse and up-mouse event are reported, so I
don't think there's a bug present:

<down-mouse-1> at that spot runs the command mouse-drag-region
  which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `mouse.el'.
It is bound to <down-mouse-1>.
(mouse-drag-region start-event)

Set the region to the text that the mouse is dragged over.
Highlight the drag area as you move the mouse.
This must be bound to a button-down mouse event.
In Transient Mark mode, the highlighting remains as long as the mark
remains active.  Otherwise, it remains until the next input event.

If the click is in the echo area, display the `*Messages*' buffer.

<mouse-1> at that spot runs the command (lambda nil "This is the lambda for
mouse-1" (interactive) (message "lambda for mouse-1 here"))
  which is an interactive Lisp function.
It is bound to <mouse-1>.
(anonymous)

This is the lambda for mouse-1