Re: Disabling ATSUI on OS X

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: Re: Disabling ATSUI on OS X
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:04:18 +1000

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:21:45 +1000, Julian Scheid <address@hidden> said:

Thanks for the heads-up, but as far as I'm aware the only control I
have over text rendering in OS X is the "turn off font smoothing for
font sizes N and smaller" setting in the Appearance panel in System
Preferences, and that works on a system-wide level regardless of which
font is affected and whether we're talking proportional or fixed
fonts.

That's not necessarily a system-wide level setting.  You can specify
it as a application-specific setting like

  $ defaults write org.gnu.Emacs AppleAntiAliasingThreshold 100

Ah, that works! I wasn't aware of that setting, thanks a lot.

I agree with Stefan Monnier that this would ideally be mentioned
somewhere in the docs.

I'm going to add it on the Emacs Wiki for now, apparently there are
other people who are not aware of it:
<http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/CarbonEmacsPackage#toc5>

Thanks again,

Julian