Re: Pretest schedule

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Pretest schedule
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 09:03:49 +0300

> From: address@hidden (Kim F. Storm)
> Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 00:26:20 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I just want to remove them before the final pretest so the pretest
> is as close to the final release as possible.

I think these markings should be removed as part of tarring the
release.  You cannot avoid creating a separate tarball anyway, since
at least the version numbers need to be changed, and release entries
added to all ChangeLog files.  So removing the NEWS marks now will
save maybe a few seconds of time, which isn't significant, certainly
not on the Grand Emacs Release Time Scale.