Re: Bug in change in button.el?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Bug in change in button.el?
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:24:52 +0900

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:
>   On the console, the latarcyrheb-sun16 font is used for best Unicode
>   coverage. Due to the use of this font, bold colors are not
>   available.
>
>> [Is it a color display?  On the linux console "bold" usually really
>> means "bright" not actually a different font.]
>
> Yes, it is colour.

Do you know why it doesn't support bold via the "usual" linux console
method (using brightness)?  I'd think that would not depend on the font
used.

> I wonder if there is any way for Emacs to tell that bold is not
> actually supported in this case?

Not that I know of.  TERM says bold is supported but it isn't; AFAIK
there's no way to query ansi-type terminals for their capabilities.

-Miles

--
"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're
just making him madder and madder." -- Homer Simpson