Re: CVS is the `released version'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: CVS is the `released version'
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 17:22:27 -0400

    rms> It seems that part of your motivation for wanting a package system is
    rms> to move Emacs development in a direction that weakens the FSF's
    rms> ability to develop Emacs as an FSF-copyrighted package.
    rms> This confirms my concern about the downside.

    I was a bit surprised, and I suppose a little hurt, to read this.
    Please ask about my motives rather than try to infer what they might
    be.

I apologize -- I should not have spoken about motivation.
But it does seem that the goal you stated would entail
this result.