Re: address@hidden: RE: cannot find :enable in Elisp manualindex]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: RE: cannot find :enable in Elisp manualindex]
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 18:10:28 -0400

    They are.  They are lists of links.  As in:
    <ul>

    (Of course there are lots of details, but that's the basic idea.)

        and label that valid HTML as "menu" or "index" using `div',

    Right now they have classes specified in the <ul> element:
    <ul class="menu"> ... </ul>
    <ul class="index-fn" compact> ... </ul>

That seems simple enough.  Is there any flaw in it?

    <a name="%5ctypein"></a>
    <a name="g_t_005ctypein"></a>

I am completely baffled by that.  What does `%5ctypein' refer to?  Why
is it there?  What does `g_t_005ctypein' refer to?  Why is it there?

     Next:&nbsp;<a rel="next" accesskey="n"
href="#g_t_005ctypeout">\typeout</a>,
     Up:&nbsp;<a rel="up" accesskey="u"
href="#Terminal-Input_002fOutput">Terminal Input/Output</a>

What does `accesskey' mean?

Anyway, if we replace Info format, we do not have to preserve
the current layout of the line at the top of a node.  If some
simpler HTML construct can provide the needed navigation features,
it doesn't have to look the same.