Re: Initial splash screen (was Re: A wish, a plea)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Initial splash screen (was Re: A wish, a plea)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 09:19:35 -0400

    The normal way to ask such questions in most GUI apps is to have three
    alternatives, were the third alternative is just "Do not ask me again".

MAYBE that would lead to good results, if it leads people to read the
splash screen more.  But it could also backfire.  I don't feel confident
we can tell which one it would be.  Perhaps we could do an experiment,
but it won't be an easy experiment to do.