Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 02:30:30 +0300

> Those names are not good because the value is not a buffer.
> `startup-buffer-choice' is better, because at least it doesn't
> imply the value is a buffer.
>
> However, I can also suggest `startup-buffer-initialization'.
>
> `startup-buffer-style', recently suggested, is also better than
> just `startup-buffer'.

The suffix `-style' defines variations of basically the same contents
(cf. custom-buffer-style with values `brackets' and `links').

>From all proposed names I think the least bad is `startup-buffer-choice' or
`initial-buffer-choice'.  Even though the suffix `-choice' is unnecessary,
at least it is true and exactly represents the fact that this user option
has the customization type `choice'.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/