what are the current limitations in w32proc.c:_sys_select?

From: dhruva
Subject: what are the current limitations in w32proc.c:_sys_select?
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 07:54:29 +0530

Hi,
 I am having a close look into _sys_select implementation in
w32proc.c. From what little I could make out from the code, I could
not see any real major improvements that I could make. I am sure that
I am missing something which is obvious to the core developers. Please
let me know what is desired so that I can spend some time on that.
 I also realized that ASYNC IO is not possible on anonymous pipes. If
we use named pipes for all sub processes, we could than treat sockets
and pipes (named) similarly using ASYNC (overlapped) read. The pipe
related hack could be removed. The socket and pipe can be removed from
the scheduling code as callback methods can be called on IO completion
through ReadFileEx.
 Looking for comments and direction.

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!