Re: svn icons in the toolbar

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: svn icons in the toolbar
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 20:56:46 -0400

    If you want to try out or replace Emacs icons with something else, it is
    easier to just copy png icons to etc/images, or set image-load-path to a
    directory with png icons (png seems to be the most used format for Gnome
and
    KDE), than to first convert them to xpm.

That is an argument in favor of supporting other image formats
for icons.  I agree, it is good to support that, when the other
image formats are supported in general.

But I thought someone was arguing for switching to a different format
for the standard Emacs icons.  That's what I don't see a reason for.