Re: mouse-autoselect-window

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 17:45:06 -0400

martin rudalics wrote:

> I tried to fix a couple of bugs.  Could you please try again with the
> attached patches (against CVS EMACS_22_BASE) and all settings you can
> reasonably test.

I it tried under Gnome and Window Maker, with and without focus
follows mouse in the window manager, with f-f-m nil and t, and m-a-w
nil, t, and 0.1. Results:

                      f-f-m
m-a-w           nil         t
nil             ok          ok
t               ok           1
0.1             ok           2

1) Works fine with focus follows mouse in the window manager. With a
click-to-focus window manager, then moving to another frame selects it.

2) Works fine with focus follows mouse in the window manager. With a
click-to-focus window manager, then moving to another frame exhibits
the old erroneous behaviour: the mode-line changes to active, but the
frame is not selected.

It could well be argued that these two cases are not important,
because focus-follows-mouse has the wrong setting (does not match the
window manager policy).

HTH.