Re: Problems with setting face attributes for specific frames

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Problems with setting face attributes for specific frames
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:40:53 -0400

    I don't understand all of what you're proposing or what the problem is that
    you're fixing. I think you're proposing removing the FRAME arg from
    `set-face-attribute' (perhaps among other changes). Is that correct?

Yes.

    I assume that we would still have
    `modify-face', in any case, right?

With THIS change, we would still have `modify-face' but it would
not take a FRAME argument.

I also made a separate proposal to abolish `set-face-attribute' entirely,
along with all the other functions that operate at the same level.
That would mean abolishing `modify-face'.