[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Carbon port emacs-unicode-2 build problem under MacOSX

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Carbon port emacs-unicode-2 build problem under MacOSX
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:15:56 +0000 (UTC)
User-agent: Loom/3.14 (http://gmane.org/)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz <at> lifelogs.com> writes:

> I think merging the Cocoa port would be a good thing.  Unfortunately it
> doesn't help those who want to track CVS with the Emacs build today, and
> I don't know how hard it will be.

I was planning to ask about inclusion after finishing up the multi-tty
integration.  But anyway since the issue has been raised, is autumn 2007 a good
time to consider merging the Cocoa/GNUstep port into the unicode-2 branch, or
would people prefer to wait until after unicode-2 -> trunk?  Based on my
experiences, the latter approach would be much less headache, but don't know how
far off the unicode merge is at the moment.

A brief comment on the Preferences dialog, this is tied to "defaults" under
GNUstep/OS X systems, which are more or less equivalent to X resources.  All of
these variables can also be read/set through lisp.  They are not exposed through
defcustom at the moment, but the intent is to provide an optional convenience,
not to replace standard emacs customization mechanisms.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]