Re: Uninformative comment in files.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Uninformative comment in files.el
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:52:16 -0500

I think that any markers and overlays that were in the buffer before
you reverted will point at the wrong place after the revert.  It is
better to eliminate them.  If some Lisp program wanted them, it will
have to regenerate them anyway if they are to be right.

I did once add code to preserve markers in the unchanged text at the
beginning and end of the file.  But I think this stopped working with
Mule.