Re: merging Emacs.app

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: merging Emacs.app
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 14:27:19 +0100

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <address@hidden> writes:

>> In almost all cases, it is me (and really only me) reproducing and
>> tracing these bugs before or after reporting them.  If you prefer me
>> to ignore and swallow those user's bug reports, then Stefan and
>> Chong can let me know.
> Of course, you shouldn't swallow bug reports.  And I think you
> shouldn't swallow donations, either.
> Are you distributing some of donations you gained from Aquamacs Emacs
> to GNU project and elisp package authors?  I couldn't find an explicit
> statement about that.

Well, if the donations I have been swallowing on behalf of the AUCTeX
project are anything to go by, there is less to be expected than a case
of beer per year.  I have no qualms pocketing that (has not happened for
a long time, though).  It is far less than what I pay in order to talk
at conferences where I help people use the software I am maintaining.

If David gets substantially more money out of Aquamacs than he sinks
into it, he really needs to tell me his secret.