RE: display-buffer-other-frame - useful? doc string?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: display-buffer-other-frame - useful? doc string?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:19:40 -0800

>     I agree with everything you said. However, I don't see
>     that such a command would be very useful. Maybe the best
>     thing to do is to remove it altogether
>
> It exists just for the sake of symmetry of the command set,
> since this is the natural thing for C-x 5 C-o to do.
> If having it is painful, we can get rid of it.

I proposed this fix. I think it DTRT.

(defun display-buffer-other-frame (buffer)
  "Show BUFFER in another frame, but don't select it.
See documentation of `display-buffer' for more information."
  (interactive "BDisplay buffer in other frame: ")
  (let ((win (selected-window)))
    (switch-to-buffer-other-frame buffer)
    (select-window win)
    (select-frame-set-input-focus (window-frame win))))