Is it possible to update tooltip text?

From: Ye Wenbin
Subject: Is it possible to update tooltip text?
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 21:19:09 +0800

Hi,
I am wondering whether there is a function to update the text display in the
tooltip. Maybe the tooltip is not what I what, because I think tooltip will
disappear when user input something. I want a frame the display text like
tooltip, and I can update the text according to user's input and hide
it when needed.
I think such feature is useful, for example it can be used for displaying
candicate expansions or using by input methods. I try x-show-tip, but
the frame display and disappear too often.

--
Best Regards,
Ye Wenbin