Re: 23.0.60; Feature request: Menu item "load init files" after -q/-Q

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Feature request: Menu item "load init files" after -q/-Q
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 08:47:17 -0700

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

  > Hi,
  >
  > when XEmacs is started with `--vanilla' or `-q', it displays an item
  > "Load init files" in the menu bar.  The name of the command in XEmacs
  > is `load-user-init-file'.
  >
  > Maybe Emacs should do have something similar.  I'm not sure about
  > where to add it. Maybe a menu entry in the Options menu and a tool bar
  > button?

Why is this good?
IMHO it's just bloat: if someone uses "emacs -q", it's
quite intentional and probably knows enough about emacs to do
M-x load-file ~/.emacs RET.
emacs -q is not something done very often, wanting to load .emacs when
using emacs -q is even less frequent.  So why bother providing a special
purpose facility for it?