memory leak

From: Drew Adams
Subject: memory leak
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 15:39:54 -0700

Dunno if this helps at all - I haven't been able to track it down.

I get warnings and then emergency messages saying that Emacs is running out of
memory, after just a few minutes of use. If I don't exit when I first get the
emergency messages, then I end up needing to kill Emacs from outside.

GNU Emacs (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-05-29 on LENNART-69DE564

[It also takes a long time for Emacs 23 to start up. With emacs -Q, it takes
15-30 seconds. But sometimes it starts immediately. I don't get why it's not
regular, but that seems to be the behavior.]