Re: bootstrap not regenerating some *loaddefs

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: bootstrap not regenerating some *loaddefs
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:47:23 -0400

"Juanma Barranquero" wrote:

> +     echo ";; Local Variables:" >> $@
> +     echo ";; version-control: never" >> $@
> +     echo ";; no-byte-compile: t" >> $@
> +     echo ";; no-update-autoloads: t" >> $@
> +     echo ";; coding: utf-8" >> $@
> +     echo ";; End:" >> $@

Do you need to create a basic loaddefs by hand for some special
reason, or can you just rely on autoload-ensure-default-file, like the
Unix build does?

Re the W32 lisp makefile, I would suggest syncing the autogen-clean
target and its use (it is referenced in INSTALL.CVS).

A quick glance shows that the w32 makefile looks a bit out of date, eg
re mh-autoloads, emacs-deps (I can't understand this one personally),
custom-deps and finder-data prereqs, cus-load target, etc. A more
general sync/update may be good. Whether you want to copy the ELCFILES
stuff that allows for parallel byte-compiling, I leave up to you...