Re: Removing MULTI_KBOARD

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Removing MULTI_KBOARD
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 21:05:55 +0300

> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 21:08:29 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
>
> > From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> > Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> > Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 15:37:22 -0400

> > > I will be able to explain that when I actually make the DOS port
> > > working again.  Everyone else is telling me that there are no
> > > problems, but no one of them is actually familiar with how the DOS
> > > port works, so I still have my doubts.
> >
> > OK.  So I hereby grant you a voucher for 32KB of complaints about the
> > MULTI_KBOARD merge, to be redeemed when the DOS port is revived,
>
> Beware: I will hold you to your word.

Well, it turned out to be much worse than my worst fears, but I did it
anyway: the MS-DOS build of Emacs 23 is operational again.  There are
still a few problems I need to take care of, but it compiles, links,
dumps itself, and comes up as a useful editor.

Please don't ask for more details, or I will have hard time resisting
the temptation to stop being civilized and say everything I think
about the code changes that broke the DOS port so hard for such
relatively small changes in functionality.  And I don't mean just the
MULTI_KBOARD thing.

P.S.  That's just 548 bytes out of the 32KB I'm entitled to.  I
reserve the rest for a rainy day.