Re: prefix arg when mouse clicking on header

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: prefix arg when mouse clicking on header
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 23:03:59 -0500

>   (interactive (list last-input-event (or last-prefix-arg 'no-arg)))
> seems to work. But is this the right thing? Why last-prefix-arg
> instead of current-prefix-arg? Certainly, this is consistent with
> the code letter P being ignored by interactive.

Not sure why that is.  Maybe some code somewhere catches the click, does
some processing and pushes events back on unread-command-events, so the
real code is only run on the second round?

> Also I was wondering what is the proper replacement for the code
> letter e used by interactive when the list is constructed by hand.

AFAIK it's last-nonmenu-event.

> If yes, that could go into the elisp manual.

It should go somewhere, I agree.  I tend to think that
call-interactively should use a table mapping letters to Elisp code, so
it'd be easy to see which code corresponds to while letter.

        Stefan