Re: Bazaar migration status?

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: Bazaar migration status?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:53:13 +0200

Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> writes:

> The advice I've seen isn't "don't do it too often", it's "don't do
> it".

We are not talking about an official main repository, but a secondary
"nice to have" one.  You will never ever see Linus to rewind its
repository once he has published it, but several other kernel
repositories that are the development platform of certain parts of the
kernel get rebased pretty regularily (usually following the release of a
new kernel version).  The linux-next repository is even rebased daily.

> (For that matter, I was "only" talking about a one-off project to make
> the new bzr-based git history at savannah look as though it was
> continuing on from the old cvs-based git history.)

Trying to achieve that continuity is likely much more effort than to
just ask all users to rebase once.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, address@hidden