Re: Infrastructural complexity.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Infrastructural complexity.
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:12:39 -0400

>> Not sure what you mean by "I".  Which mode using the `window' property
>> would need that?
> "I" means "I", so just my own, private code would be affected.

> However, letting `set-window-configuration' change the identity of
> windows would obviously break my window groups code (which is based on
> the invariant identity of internal windows) and my entire window
> debugging code.

I'd consider such code as "internal", so yes it would probably need to
be updated.  This said, I don't think set-window-configuration should be
changed to always create new window identities.  E.g. in the case of
save-window-excursion, for example, new identities would only be created
for windows that had been deleted in the mean time.

> I'd finally understand that the "s" in Emacs stands for "stochastic" ;-)

Yes, and the "c" is for "creative".

        Stefan