GSoC gdb-mi.el changes

From: Dmitry Dzhus
Subject: GSoC gdb-mi.el changes
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 04:31:01 +0400

Good day gentlemen.

Recently I've installed many changes for gdb-mi.el to Emacs trunk. They
include, but not limited to, support for non-stop multithread debugging
as provided by development version of GDB 7.0 and support for observing
several threads simultaneously, as well as fixes for bugs reported in
Emacs bugs list. This work was done during my GSoC student project
(http://emacswiki.org/emacs/GDB-MI). This GDB interface fully uses GDB
Machine Interface instead of annotations used by gdb-ui.el package
present in earlier Emacs versions.

I've updated «GDB Graphical Interface» section of the Emacs manual to
reflect user-visible changes. Make sure you read the notes under
«Multithreaded Debugging» subsection before trying the new
functionality.

I needed to add two new icons under etc/images/gud/ directory. I hope
I've updated README properly.

Suggestions and bug reports are welcome.

Please include value of `M-x pp-eval-expression RET gdb-debug-log RET'
in your bug reports. Note that this package relies on development
version of GDB 7.0, which may be unstable itself, so please include
version information about your GDB installation, too.

Thank you in advance. Looking forward to hearing your comments.

(I'm not sure if it will be appropriate to post such announcement to
Emacs users group. On one hand, some input from users would be very
helpful for me, because changes are big and bugs should come up. On the
other hand, I've never seen a package announcement on gnu.emacs.help.)
--
Happy Hacking.

http://sphinx.net.ru