Re: delete-selection-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: delete-selection-mode
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:41:33 +0900

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>> _All_ types of visible selection should be the same, including t-m-m
>> (C-SPC + movement) selections, to the greatest extent possible.
> Could we agree to focus on the things first on which we can agree?  To a
> degree that we don't think anybody will need to customize them?

This is not a minor issue.  It's a question of doing it properly so that
it will help Emacs be more useful, and more usable (for everybody, but
especially people learning Emacs).

Putting shift-selection in the "mouse region" ghetto does not help,
it just makes a currently problematic special case even _bigger_.

My books focus on timeless truths.  -- Donald Knuth