Re: Concurrency

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Concurrency
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:18:38 -0600

Daniel> It really shouldn't be recursive at all:
Daniel> http://www.zaval.org/resources/library/butenhof1.html

My experience with Java is that recursive mutexes are pretty convenient,
and in practice don't cause any actual problems.  I think most of this
paper is cutely worded but basically wrong.

I'm sure in the end it won't matter though.  If you really want
non-recursive mutexes, somebody else can reinvent them in elisp.

Tom