Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99829: * help.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99829: * help.el
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 15:31:51 -0400

>> Here's a prime example of what I sent yesterday: if you think about it,
>> the "for IELM's sake" part of the comment would be very welcome in the
>> code, so that's where it should be instead of in the ChangeLog.
> Hm, I'm not sure. I changed it for IELM's sake, but any code that
> calls the function and returns its result is going to benefit from it.
> There's nothing *specifically* IEMLy in returning nil.

That's a problem of the comment itself, not of where it's placed.
My argument is only that it should go in a comment rather than in
the ChangeLog.

        Stefan

PS: And even if it can be useful in other circumstances it's still
useful to explain which circumstance prompted the reaction.  So if you
really insist you could say "for the sake of IELM and maybe others".