Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:22:27 +0200

Stefan Monnier skrev 2010-04-12 21.18:
In Emacs this usually means among other things
that clicks on it should generate Elisp events caught via a keymap and
that the list of tabs should be specified by Elisp code.
Are you suggesting we add and remove tabs dynamically to a keymap as they
get created?  I'm not sure I follow.

Not necessarily, no (tho that's what we do for tool-bars), just that
when the user clicks on a tab, the action performed should be looked up
in a keymap.

I still don't get it. If the user creates three tabs, where are the keymap entries for those if we don't create them? Or do you mean a default entry that catches those tabs that haven't got an action set explicitly?

        Jan D.