Re: The Gnus repository is switching to Git as of 2010-04-19

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: The Gnus repository is switching to Git as of 2010-04-19
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:16:30 -0400

> Assuming this rename tracking works well, new files will be managed by
> the Gnus synchronization maintainer.  The Emacs side should be
> authoritative for new files, meaning that we (Gnus) will get lisp/new.el
> and have to remove it, and that we will push our lisp/gnus-new.el to
> your lisp/gnus/gnus-new.el.

Hopefully Git can also figure out where to put new files.  But if not,
I really can't imagine why you'd insist on doing it "all on the Git
side".

> I assume Emacs trunk will synchronize with Gnus trunk;

Sounds right.

> what other branches do we need immediately?

We have the `emacs-23' branch which should sync with the "stable" branch
of Gnus (not sure which one that is because I don't track Gnus
development closely enough).

        Stefan