Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r100117: Run kill-emacs when exit

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r100117: Run kill-emacs when exiting for display closed or SIGTERM/HUP.
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 18:18:07 +0200

Stefan Monnier skrev 2010-05-05 16.00:

BTW, why use --chdir rather than save the default-directories in the
session file if you think that it should work even without desktop.el?
I doesn't work with desktop.  desktop adds itself to after-init-hook, and
that is run before session restore.  So desktop will load my desktop in
$HOME before default-directories are restored.

I don't understand what you're saying here.  For one, I was talking
about the "no desktop" case,

I took "even without" to mean "with an without".

and second I don't understand if you're
talking about some accidental problem in the current way desktop works
or a fundamental limitation in the way desktop can work.

It is how the current code works. It can be fixed.

Ideally we would just load the session specific file on restart, but
desktop has some cleanups it does in desktop-read after load.

I don't know what you're talking about.

            ;; `desktop-create-buffer' puts buffers at end of the buffer list.
            ;; We want buffers existing prior to evaluating the desktop (and
            ;; not reused) to be placed at the end of the buffer list, so we
            ;; move them here.
            (mapc 'bury-buffer
(nreverse (cdr (memq desktop-first-buffer (nreverse (buffer-list))))))
            (switch-to-buffer (car (buffer-list)))
            (run-hooks 'desktop-delay-hook)
            (setq desktop-delay-hook nil)
            (run-hooks 'desktop-after-read-hook)