Re: bug in 23.2.92 with anything

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: bug in 23.2.92 with anything
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 23:33:49 +0100

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

>> There is no `not_selected_before' variable on the branch, nor the trunk.
>> The code `sf = SELECTED_FRAME ()' etc. is not wrapped in any `if'
>> statement.
>
> Arrgh, I'm confusing the trunk with my branch and so my patch was silly.
> I suppose we miss a
>
>       inhibit_point_swap = 0;
>
> reset between the lines (maybe Thierry can check this)
>
>       eassert (EQ (window, selected_window));
>       return window;

Here what i tried:

  if (XFRAME (WINDOW_FRAME (w)) != sf)
    {
      XFRAME (WINDOW_FRAME (w))->selected_window = window;
      /* Use this rather than Fhandle_switch_frame
         so that FRAME_FOCUS_FRAME is moved appropriately as we
         move around in the state where a minibuffer in a separate
         frame is active.  */
      Fselect_frame (WINDOW_FRAME (w), norecord);
      /* Fselect_frame called us back so we've done all the work already.  */
      eassert (EQ (window, selected_window));
      inhibit_point_swap = 0;
      return window;
    }

Didn't work, bug still here.
But maybe what i did following your instructions is wrong?
If yes, be more explicit, as my C skill is around 0.
Thanks.

--
A+ Thierry
Get my Gnupg key: