Re: debbugs.el

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: debbugs.el
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 13:43:47 -0500

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:
>Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
>> Considering that improved access to debbugs.gnu.org helps GNU Emacs
>> development itself, it might make sense to have this on trunk so that
>> maintainers always have the latest version and don't have to do
>> anything special to get it.
>
>If there is a strong concern that putting code on the package archive
>makes it less accessible for Emacs developers, how about merging ELPA
>into trunk builds?
>
>That is to say, set it up (maybe optionally) so that building Emacs from
>Bzr also installs the full contents of the package archive.

I think that's an interesting idea, and wish I could help.

It's not a major blocker either way, since certainly maintainers can use
the package archive, with a little more effort.  I personally would be
somewhat more likely to use debbugs.el if it were in trunk, but maybe
this will just spur me to learn to use ELPA as a matter of course too.

I guess I don't have a strong argument to make, just a mild preference
for having it in trunk.  Your call.