Re: A better autogen.sh

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: A better autogen.sh
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 02:39:09 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> configure: error: cannot find install-sh, install.sh, or shtool in "."

> We're miscommunicating: the original report showed the error to be the
> lack of install-sh and doesn't mention automake.  So the missing rule is
> to call autogen.sh or autoreconf or something when install-sh
> is missing.

(autogen.sh calls autoreconf which calls automake to add the files)

Well, there's nothing to be done about it now. Any new make rule would
only take effect after running configure, and anyone who can run
configure does not need such a rule. Anyone would ran autogen.sh between
~ Mar 20 and 25 should simply run it again if they have this issue.