Re: more on starttls, gnutls-cli and using tls for mail

From: Leo
Subject: Re: more on starttls, gnutls-cli and using tls for mail
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:33:53 +0800

On 2011-08-16 00:25 +0800, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> I just now realize I'm doing the same thing here, but instead of
> changing things at the gnus level, I have gnus always connect to the
> smtp server at localhost, which will then find the right next relay.
>

> http://tapoueh.org/blog/2010/09/23-postfix-sender_dependent_relayhost_maps.html

Thanks for that. There are other alternatives such as using msmtp. But
they are a nuisance because they require installing and configuring
another tool for something that Emacs is capable of doing.

The point is there is one key feature that has been accidentally deleted
during the rewrite of smtpmail. This thread is about whether and how
should we bring it back.

Leo