What about Python? (was: Git mirrors)

From: Barry Fishman
Subject: What about Python? (was: Git mirrors)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:39:25 -0400

On 2011-10-11 08:34:35 EDT, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Competition is common in the free software world.
> When a GNU package competes with a non-GNU package,
> but we should promote other GNU projects first.

Bazaar is written in Python and requires A Python-2 environment to be
installed on a system using Bazaar.  Doesn't this make Python a GNU
package?  At least it is a GNU required package.

This mean that the success of Python is now a requirement of the GNU
project.

Does this mean that GNU should promote Python over other competing
languages like Perl, Ruby and Guile?

--
Barry Fishman