Re: company.el status?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: company.el status?
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 14:05:01 +0400

On 09.03.2013 7:11, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Since you replied now, could you update the homepage?
I think it would be good to create a Github project/readme page and redirect
to that.

Much better would be to use the ELPA branch as the official upstream.

Leaving aside other details, I'd be more comfortable using ELPA for development if it were using Git (this is coming, I hear), and if it didn't lump all packages together in one repository. The current situation only seems useful when someone is making sweeping changes across packages, like updating copyright dates. This action seems to be relatively rare, and could be automated either way.

On 09.03.2013 12:19, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Why do we need Github?

The decision is up to Nikolaj, but for one thing, I expect strong correlation between people who prefer using completion mechanism with graphical interface and ones who would prefer a bug tracker with an actual user interface versus email-driven austerity that is Debbugs.