Re: eww

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: eww
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 15:52:58 +0800

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 7:56 AM, Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 06/18/13 16:03, Xue Fuqiao wrote:
>> "texi2any --info" still use the convention of backtick ` and straight
>> single quote ' to emulate curly quotes “ ” or ‘ ’.
>
> That's not what I observe: texi2any outputs ASCII apostrophe ' for
> single quotes (both left and right) and ASCII quote " for double
> quotes (both left and right).  This looks OK, though admittedly
> curly quotes look a bit nicer.

In my infodir/elisp.info(.gz):

  For a beginner's introduction to Emacs Lisp, see `An Introduction to
  Emacs Lisp Programming', by Bob Chassell, also published by the Free
  Software Foundation.

In doc/lispref/intro.texi:

  For a beginner's introduction to Emacs Lisp, see @cite{An Introduction
  to Emacs Lisp Programming}, by Bob Chassell, also published by the
  Free Software Foundation.

This is produced by makeinfo version 4.8, maybe I should try it with a
newer version?

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/