Re: How to restore the layout?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 16:42:17 +0200

> In that case, Emacs starts as after "M-x toggle-frame-fullscreen", i.e.
> with the Windows status bar (or Windows aplications bar, if you prefer)
> partially covering the bottom of Emacs frame and, obviously, with the
> maximize button *NOT* selected.

I'm completely lost now:

(1) What is the maximize button and how do I (de-)select it?  Here, I
    have three buttons on the top right corner of my frame and they are
    always either selected or invisible - the latter when in fullscreen
    mode (F11).

(2) With emacs -Q `toggle-frame-fullscreen' gets me a full screen frame,
    nothing covered and no buttons visible.

(3) `toggle-frame-maximized' (which I've just seen for the first time)
    gets me a maximized frame with decorations.  This looks nice but I
    never found another application here which does such a thing.  All
    (Firefox, Thunderbird) have the decorations (outer frame borders)
    turned off when I send them a maximize request and so does Emacs
    when I click its maximize button.

So disregarding (F11) fullscreen mode, we currently have two types of
maximized frames on Windows - one with outer borders and one without,
and apparently only the former has its frame parameter set.

Can someone please enlighten me here?

martin