Re: Generating ChangeLog files.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Generating ChangeLog files.
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 15:13:03 -0500

>> As it stands now - it's mostly a duplication of the commit log, so
>> I rarely refer to it.

It is a duplication, and that's on purpose.  The purpose being to
eventually be able to auto-generate the ChangeLog.

> ChangeLogs are easier to access and search, and they have better
> information (mistakes can be corrected).  I rarely refer to the commit
> log, other than the one-liners of "bzr log --line" to quickly locate a
> recent commit, and these are less than helpful because many people
> does not really adds a summary.

I stand on the other side: the only reason I ever look at the ChangeLog
files is because "bzr log" is so damn slow.  But even with this
slowness, I usually use "bzr log" (or rather vc-print-log), because
I can then easily get the corresponding diff.

        Stefan