Re: X selection access in xterm (OSC 52)

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Re: X selection access in xterm (OSC 52)
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 20:07:18 +0000

Philipp Stephani <address@hidden> schrieb am Do., 9. Apr. 2015 um 20:47 Uhr:
I took a second look at HTerm, and found that its FAQ (http://git.chromium.org/gitweb/?p=chromiumos/platform/assets.git;a=blob;f=chromeapps/nassh/doc/faq.txt) states:

"Clipboard read is not implemented.  Reading is a security hole you probably didn't want anyway."

Since I can't test the get-selection function and it's considered a security hole, I'm afraid I can't implement it.
This only affects get-selection, not set-selection.

FWIW, here's my WIP patch for gui-get-selection, in case anybody wants to implement this. It differs from Olaf's code mainly in using a temp buffer and the existing xterm--query helper function.