Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 00:33:10 +0900

Richard Stallman writes:

 >   > On this subject, you can spell it "comment and objections", but in my
 >   > experience what you get is "prejudice and hysteria".
 >
 > What we get from you is ad-hominem attacks, over and over.
 >
 >   >   Nobody ever
 >   > changes their mind based on so-called "rational argument";
 >
 > I changed my mind in this discussion, but venom for those you disagree
 > with never changes.

Actually, you are the one engaging in ad hominem attacks here, by
making statements about me personally while failing to address the
valid points I make at all.

On the other hand, neither of my passages you quote are ad hominem at
all, since they refer to my past experiences at which none of the
active participants in this thread were present.  And the claim about
venom is manifestly false: there is no venom in this post.

When did you change your mind in this discussion, and about what?  I
missed it: it seems to me you advocate the same conservative position
in the same words as when you first entered the discussion.

Regards,